Why You Should Use Social Media
Social media is now a big part of people’s personal lives, from tweeting to sharing a photo through Instagram, but social media is also a big part of doing good business. If you've heard all about Social Media but aren't too sure whats in it for you, here's a breakdown of some of the key aspects of why businesses choose to invest into Social channels.
- Build relationships – As well as giving people the chance to build personal relationships social media can also be used to build professional relationships. Social media allows you to connect with people all over the world. You can use it to connect with clients, people you would like to work with, and professionals within you industry, helping you to get closer to your target audience.
- Share information – You can use social media to share any information you like either through images or words. This could include telling people about things going on with the business such as events, or it could be used to share information with clients directly but in an informal way.
- Advertisement and promotion – Through connecting with people and regular updates you can use social media sites to advertise and promote your business. With so many people and businesses using social media sites you can quickly spread the word and get your promotions and adverts seen via additional channels, complimenting your core marketing strategies such as SEO and PPC.
- Helps your SEO – Social media can help to boost your rankings in Google. Through social networking, sharing quality content and social bookmarking, you can get your site ranked higher. The more quality content you get shared through social media and by others on social media the more you will enhance your SEO strategy.
- Competitors – If your competitors are already using social media and social media is being used in your industry then you should be doing the same. As well as confirming a similar level of exposure this also helps you to have a look at what your competitors are doing.