How Automated Bidding Strategies will Improve your Search Campaigns Performance
Automated bid strategies are designed to boost results for advertisers using Google's advanced machine learning. To make it easier for you to use them we’ll first explain what an automated bidding strategy actually is, and which would be ideal for your PPC search campaign.
What is an Automated Bidding Strategy?
You may find that you are looking to maximize your PPC campaign's conversions, or maybe impressions? Whatever your campaign goal may be, Google's Automated Bidding Strategy is the ideal method in maximizing your PPC campaigns performance based on your campaigns goals.
An Automated Bidding Strategy maximizes search campaigns performance by automatically setting bids through past data analysis. More specifically, through taking into account various factors such as users’ demographics, location, time they do searches and devices they use. Automated bidding strategies are designed to save you time on setting bids as you don’t have to do it manually, and to take into account multiple factors all in one over time.
What types of Automated Bidding Strategies are there?
There are a variety of automated bidding strategies to choose from. Understanding how each one works will help you choose the most suitable one for your specific goals, ultimately maximizing your campaign's performance:
- Maximize Clicks bidding strategy sets bids with the goal to get clicks as much as possible and to increase traffic to the site within a specific budget. This bidding strategy is recommended when you already have a good conversion rate and you need to increase your CTR.
- Target Search Page Location bidding strategy sets bids with the goal to give you good visibility on the first page of search results and rank among the top positions.
- Target Outranking Share bidding strategy sets bids to improve your visibility over competitors’ websites. It enables you to select a competitor’s domain to outrank.
- Target Cost-Per-Acquisition bidding strategy sets bids to get you conversions as many as possible within a specific CPA. You need to be aware that some conversions may cost more or less than the average target CPA. It’s recommended to use this strategy when your goal is to increase conversions with a specific amount of spend you can afford.
- Enhanced CPC bidding strategy is a partially automated bidding strategy that allows you to increase conversions while giving you control over bidding on your keywords. It’s better to use this bid strategy when you want to use both manual and automated bidding.
- Target Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) is a bidding strategy that sets bids to help you achieve as much conversion value as possible based on the ROAS that you are targeting. You can determine the target ROAS by using previous campaigns data. This bid strategy is perfect for your campaign if your goal is to drive a high value of conversions rather than the number of conversions.
- Maximize Conversions bidding strategy automatically sets bids to increase conversions as much as possible spending the whole budget. If you have a high amount of budget and want to drive a high number of conversions, this strategy is the way to go!
As a PPC agency working across a variety of clients, we have been able to develop a vast amount of experience around paid search. With this in mind, it's important to note that Google offers many automated bidding strategies that you can use once you have enough historical data to optimize your campaigns. With so many options at your disposal, it can be difficult to choose the relevant automated bidding strategy that best fits your goals.
It’s important to take your time and choose wisely as to which automated bidding strategy to apply on your campaigns, and that would depend on the goals you need to achieve. When your bid strategies are set up you need to make sure that you are regularly checking on them to make sure they’re performing as you were expecting, that they’re meeting your target goals and driving your costs down. Otherwise you could end up wasting a large part of your budget for just few clicks. So make the right moves, change the bidding strategies and take your campaigns to the next level!