Content Marketing Strategy for B2B Marketers - September Focus
This month, we will be discussing content marketing and how business owners and marketing professionals can create content that has a clear consideration for indexation and traffic acquisition.
As all marketers churn content out in varying frequencies, we have seen that it is good to revisit some of the basic principles of “why” and re-educate ourselves on the best practice approach to content creation and the varying elements of the equation that we have to consider in 2021/22.
Recent Changes in SEO
Just in the last 24 months, we have seen the search landscape develop in its behaviour and how content continues to be harvested and output for end users to absorb within the SERPs, with algorithm updates such as passage indexing opening up great opportunities for content marketers worldwide.
With our particular specialism in B2B SEO, we see many global organisations that produce content for a variety of business (demand) led purposes but with little consideration for SEO during the process.
Nowadays, with the right consideration and tools to ideate and plan effectively, it's possible for marketers to increase the value of any content being produced. Even if the content's primary purpose isn’t to support an SEO initiative, a consideration process can be followed to allow the content to serve a double purpose and add SEO value as a by-product.
What to expect this month
With this in mind, we will be sharing learnings about many SEO factors that a marketer has to consider when planning content led activity, particularly within a B2B organization. Our topics and areas of focus this month include:
- Content planners - How to create a content planner that directly focuses on your target customer profiles
- Content KPIs - How to quantify your content strategy with clear traffic targets in mind
- Passage indexing – what is passage indexing and how can this help me produce content for my target audiences
- Rich snippets - how to get your content featured in googles SERPs and drive value from your efforts
- Readability algorithms – what are they and why do I need to know about them for my content strategy
- Schema Tagging – what is schema tagging, why is it so important and how can it help your content strategy
All these areas will be covered over the course of September.